Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's the official start to summer project season.  I bought a sander, a yogurt maker, a can of paint, and some stain.  I drooled longingly over several styles of deck lights, but managed to resist them.  Not out of any level of self-control, but because I couldn't figure out how to hang them.  I'm sure I'll be back.  

The projects of the day consisted of pulling down the old broken back screen door and sanding and painting the scarred remains of the wooden one.  It doesn't look great, but should at least alleviate concerns that we're hosting a bear cub in the back yard.  

It's storming, of course.  Shelby's cowering in the basement, hiding under anyone's feet who will let her and dreaming I'm sure of putting a few more terrified trenches into my still-wet door.

Pita bread or a rather thick semblance of such, was the morning's cooking experiment, and now seven jars of thickening milk are hopefully, gently warming themselves into yogurt.  

Early morning bikes over the river, a peaceful beginning to a joyous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment