Tuesday, April 5, 2011



...his delight is in the Lord's instruction,
and he meditates on it day and night.
He is like a tree planted beside streams of water
that bears its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither
Psalm 1:2-3

The daily news scrolls along top of my screen as I read these verses. Teenagers with drugs, fights recorded on websites, violence and destruction across the country.


Where is our stream? What are we taking for nourishment?

The fruit is borne of the tree steeped in the fresh, flowing water. Water that soaks the banks and deposits life-giving minerals. Even in the winter, when the tree looks dead and helpless, it stores the life in it's core that will burst forth in brilliant color with the first warm touch of spring.

Where is my stream?

Am I resting in the mockers, the advise of the angry, the voices of revenge;

or am I soaking myself in the instruction of the Lord to produce His fruit in season?

No comments:

Post a Comment