Monday, April 16, 2012

But I am not ashamed,
because I know the One I have believed in
and am persuaded
that He is able to guard
what has been entrusted to me
until that day.
II Timothy 1:12

My mind drops instantly into old hymn mode as it brushes over this verse.  It's different here though.  The hymn I remember talks about what has been commited to God, not what has been entrusted to me.  My Bible acknowledges the alternate translation in a note, but gives this as the primary. 

What a terrifying thought, to be entrusted with a gift from God.  What if I break it?  What if I lose it?  What if I mess it up beyond repair?  How could I possibly protect something so precious?  Instead, He guards it.  Jesus himself protects and corrects and keeps it safe. 

I can rest in faith.  I can trust that I can't ruin anything too badly as long as I walk in His light.

No comments:

Post a Comment