Monday, June 7, 2010

At the window of my house
I looked out through the lattice.
I saw among the simple,
I noticed among the young men,
a youth who lacked judgment.
He was going down the street near her corner,
walking along in the direction of her house
at twilight, as the day was fading,
as the dark of night set in.
Proverbs 7:6-9
Near, in the direction, as the dark of night set in. Where does temptation really begin? It's easy to claim a total ambush; a shock of never considered, carried away, happened in the heat of the moment before I knew where I was.
But there we were walking, eyeing the house, moving a little closer, cozy in the deepening shadows that allow no one to see. Choices begin in the daylight. A simple turn for just a little look, determines a destiny never consciously planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment