Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Who will you compare me to,
or who is my equal?"
Asks the Holy One.
Look up and see:
Who created these:
He brings out the starry host by number;
He calls all of them by name.

Isaiah 40: 25-26


I've been a space geek since I was five.  A solar eclipse and and a man on the moon sealed my heart in the heavens.  Lying on the ground on a summer night on plains of Oklahoma, the stars stretched beyond the scope of my craning neck.  A stunning song to the heavens, to the God who created it all, that transports me half-way there in the glory of it all. 

They barely peek through now in night of  my city life.  A sliver of sprinkles amidst buildings and trees and the glow of the airport lights.  I stare at them still, not quite the glory of my early days, but even that little sliver beyond anything I could begin to count or name. 

Yet He knows them, he counts them, he calls them by name, and somehow cares to know mine too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment